|Botanical Name :||Curcuma zedoaria|
|English Name :||Zeodary Roots|
|Hindi Name :||Galangal Root /Jangli Haldi|
|Family Name :||Zingiberaceae (ginger)|
India, Indonesia, Nepal
There are two varieties of Zedoary:-
The short, round one is the variety classed as “Curcuma zedoaria”.
The long, thinner one is classed as “Curcuma zerumbet.”
• Since zedoary is anti-inflammatory, its paste is used on inflammation, wounds, skin ailments and pain.
• The herb serves as a body stimulant and purifies blood.
• It is very effective in treating respiratory disorders, tones up uterus and works as an aphrodisiac agent.
• Zedoary improves digestion, improves liver condition and normalizes body temperature.
• The herb, when taken in powdered form, helps in regularizing menstruation.