|English Name:||Turmeric Powder|
India is the largest producer and exporter of turmeric powder. Bangladesh, Pakistan, Taiwan, Srilanka, Burma are other significant producers of turmeric powder. US is the largest exporter of turmeric, India provides 90 % of the US demand, followed by Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh.
Pure turmeric powder :
- Moisture : 7% (Max)
- Curcumin content : Min 2.30%
- Ash : 6.5% (Max)
- Ash Insoluble : 0.5% (Max)
- Total Starch : 50% (Max)
- Chromate Test : Negative
- No insects / No mildew / No foreign materials Natural color and smell.
- Rich aroma
- Great flavor
- Longer shelf life
The yellow colour of turmeric is due to curcumin and related compounds.
1) There are various benefits and uses of turmeric powder from food to medicines.
2) Turmeric is useful for its colours ,flavors,cosmetic and medicinal properties.
3) Turmeric powder extracts and curcumin also exhibit antioxidant property.
Turmeric powder, a bright yellow spice from the rhizome of the curcuma longa plant, has a long history of traditional uses. Turmeric powder is made from dry turmeric rhizomes.
Tturmeric main ingredient is “curcumin ”which exhibit a wide range of medicinal activities.
25 Kg in HDPE Laminated Paper bags.